Sunday, November 4, 2007

Thing Tag, You're It

I have found a use for this tagging already.

In exploring the QL L2.0 account (http://del.icio.us/ql.things), I read a bit of each link, but nothing was grabbing me. Then I clicked on the word "earlier" at the bottom of the page, and just read the names of the links until something grabbed my attention.

On page 3, I found a link for "meditation room" in the links. http://www.lime.com/meditation_room

This was exciting because I meditate every day. I have never met anyone else in the city who does, which baffles me. There is an Open Learning Center in Soho that you can go meditate in for free (with candles, pillows, incense and QUIET) if there are too many distractions at home.

The "meditation room" has links of slideshows with relaxing music. You can choose between the space room, winter room, floral room, forest room, water room and zen room (my favorite one). I spent almost as much time in the Japanese garden at the Met as I did in the Open Learning Center after 9-11 and just before my separation a few years ago.

The benefit of these online meditation rooms is that you can go there at work, during lunch or after a difficult customer. I was very entertained by reading others' comments afterwards. There is a discussion of shrooms and smoking a fatty!? but someone posted a useful link for free soothing music http://www.freesoothingmusic.com/category.php?cat_id=2
that I have been listening to while typing this.

I am curious about what a "fatty" is, but not enough to google it.

2 comments:

hood_and_hat said...

I snagged that link from one of the Librarian In Black's posts.

Barb Conkin said...

It's a good snag.