Saturday, November 10, 2007

Thing #14 Getting not-so-technical with Technorati

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

"Technorati is an Internet search engine for searching blogs"

I include that here in case this is being read by anyone else who didn't know that. EDIT: Our instructions say that too, but they use bigger words and a longer sentence. :-)

--------

Our instructions ask "So how does a person get their blog listed as part of the blogosphere"?

I have a different question - how can a person make sure that their blog is not listed in Technorati? I think that 99.99% of users are good people, but I don't wish to be found by one of the remaining 0.01%. If there are 110 million blogs being tracked, that adds up to 1,100,000 unstable criminals in the mix, if I did the math properly.

I searched my username and was happy to find no results.

By clicking on "advanced search", I found:
484 results for "Learning 2.0" in blog posts.
658 results in tags
802 results in Blog Directory.

I clicked on "Popular" then clicked on "advanced search" and found:
506 results for "Learning 2.0" in blog posts.
605 results in tags
807 results in Blog Directory.

The most interesting thing that I discovered is that Paris Hilton was one of the top searches - I thought she was over years ago. :-O

I will search some of my hobbies and write up my results.

EDIT: I missed that the Technorati used here is the same one that won my "Hunt for Feed" contest a few Things ago. It is one of the tools to search for feeds, and it looks like it searches for blogs too.

No comments: