Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thing #17 1/2 Explore Facebook and Social Networking

The apps I think are useful:

30 boxes calendar
Store bought calendars can be very expensive. Making your own in Word is time consuming. I think this one could be used by me or our customers.

Likeness
This one reminds me of the website bored.com. It seems to be a fun way to waste time. However, I don't know if it would be blocked at QL for resembling a game.

Aquarium
My cell phone has more life-like fish! :-) This one could be entertaining for kids though.

Books iRead
This one looks interesting both for me and our customers. It seems to have more networking opportunities than LibraryThing.

Word a Day
I subscribed to one of these years ago. It's how I learned the word chi-chi. I forget why I canceled it. It may have been because I was only reading it once a week and it became overwhelming. Some customers may like it. When I'm doing homework help after school I notice that there are many words in my BOOST kids' homework that they don't understand.

How-to of the day
This one may draw the attention of any do-it-yourself-er. It's something that I should use but probably won't. I'm more of a hire-someone-to-do-it-er.

I'm not a fan of Facebook. It seems like a great way to get stalked.

I think it is important to learn how to use it, though, because many of our customers are using it. If I could create an account with a false name and have my identity kept secret, I probably would.

No comments: