Tuesday, October 16, 2007

RSS success

Last night I added a RSS newsfeed to my home computer - called "Latest Headlines". It's right up in my toolbar - very handy. I used the video below to do it.

This week's post starts out "Last week we flickr'd away. This week we'll tackle RSS feeds."

I looked at all the RSS feeds links in order, thinking I was doing the right thing, but was terribly overwhelmed. The last link was the charm. It's a great little video online called RSS in Plain English. It helps to watch it with sound. Your ACLM and/or CLM should know where the headphones are.

I'd recommend looking at this link first, before the other links on Library Learning, if you are not a techy person.

I'm very happy to have my "Latest Headlines" RSS ; its a great timesaver and lets me see what's going on without watching sensationalist TV news, which I hate. I'd like to have a "Library related headlines" link - I'm sure that kind of thing must be out there. Usually, I search some of our databases for the word "library", but this is very time consuming.

1 comment:

ql.things said...

I wonder about that, if sometimes we post too many resources.

I think I will try scaling back. I think it can be overwhelming.