Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thing #7 Blog About Technology: comment opportunity

In QL Chat, we were discussing the lack of posts vs. the number of members. Many more people are in QL Chat than people who post in QL Chat.

The QL Chat staff has been discussing whether there is anything they can do to encourage more people to post. My idea was that many more may come out of their shells if there was a spell checker. I post almost everything from home in Firefox on my mac, which has a spell checker. However, when I use Internet Explorer at work on the PC, I can't find a spell checker.

I'm not QL Chat staff, just the ACLM/J at East Elmhurst. I've posted a lot because I'm a chatty person, and I have a computer at home. You can use QL Chat at work whenever time permits - a new P&P just came out on that.

This week's Learning 2.0 task is to add a comment to a blog. Feel free to comment here about any ideas to get more people posting in QL Chat.

2 comments:

hood_and_hat said...

We have Firefox on most of our computers at FH. I love, love, love the automatic spell check.

I haven't posted on the QL Chat yet, but I did join and I'm excited to start blabbing all over the place.

Barb Conkin said...

Please do. I blab there all the time and would welcome some more chatty company.
Barb