Monday, December 3, 2007

Thing #23 Is this really the end? Or just the beginning ...

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
RSS Feeds, LibraryThing, tagging and the online productivity tools were all new to me, so I found them all fun to learn. The Play Week introduced some new mash-ups I didn't know about as well. I also really enjoyed reading the blogs.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

I now know many other places to look for my Mork and Mindy episodes. I like what I've learned so far, but I'd like to know more of "what's out there".

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I learned more about our staff members by reading their blogs, including a couple of people in CLS Office. Non-CLMs have very little contact with CLS Office staff, but the blogs changed that.
I tried to apply what I learned to my job, which I hope may have sparked some ideas in anyone who read my blog.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
Having three sets of instructions for each Thing - a very basic one aimed at newbies, a general set for most and an advanced set for techy people, with all the additional links and reading.

And last but not least…
If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?

Absolutely!

2 comments:

hood_and_hat said...

I like the idea of having three levels/instructions.

Barb Conkin said...

I think it would make newbies less scared and techies less bored.